COVID 19 Updated 13/07/2021
Please note that due to unprecedented demand the waiting times for making appointments may be longer than you are used to. This is due to a backlog of patients who postponed appointments during the lockdowns and an increased level of treatment required following this.
Regardless of what level we are at, the recommendation is that patients should continue to attend their dentist for scheduled appointments to maintain oral health and ensure oral healthcare issues do not develop. The provision of dental treatment is considered to be an essential service under NPHET guidelines.
If for any reason your appointment needs to be cancelled or postponed we will be in touch with you directly. We would kindly ask patients who need to cancel to give us at least 24 hours notice as we currently have a lot of patients waiting on appointments.
We would ask that if you answer yes to any of the following that you contact us to postpone your appointment:
- Any covid 19 symptoms? (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Any cold or flu like symptoms?
- Any tummy upset, headache or fatigue?
- Any recent loss of taste of smell?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has either confirmed positive or awaiting the results of a test?
- Have you been abroad in the last 14 days?
Here at Sandycove Dental Care we have always maintained the highest standard of cross infection control.
The practice has sourced all the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for each member of the team. We are applying all the recommended protocols to keep both patients and our staff safe.
For the safety of all our patients and staff, the following is our COVID-19 protocol:
- Please can you wear a face covering when you come in to us. Due to ongoing supply issues we are unable to supply patients with face masks.
- When you come in- we will ask you to use hand sanitiser.
- We will take your temperature with a non-contact infrared thermometer– if it is 38º or higher – we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you prefer not to have your temperature checked – we will have to postpone your appointment.
- In accordance with Govt guidelines all our staff also have their temperature taken every morning on arrival.
- Please come alone unless you need a helper.
- Children who are being treated should only have 1 adult accompanying them. No siblings will be allowed.
- Only 1 child and 1 adult will be allowed in each surgery at any one time. Any additional children who have appointments must wait either outside or in the car. There is no availability for them to wait in the waiting room.
- Please limit the number of personal belongings you bring in to the surgery.
- Whilst you are on the premises we will ask you to keep your mobile phone in your pocket or bag in order to help limit the spread of the virus.
Once you arrive you will notice some changes:
As we are processing one patient at a time, there may be a slight delay in admitting you. We appreciate your patience with this.
The seating in our waiting room has been rearranged to ensure appropriate social distancing can be maintained. All magazines, books and toys have been removed. We aim to keep your waiting time as short as possible.
Our receptionists are working behind Perspex screens and we request payment by card/contactless payment if possible.
We have installed Novaerus units in each of our surgeries and in the waiting room. These are air disinfection devices that use plasma technology to kill off airborne viruses.
Travelling from Abroad:
We follow the current Government guidelines about restrictions after travelling abroad and will be unable to see patients who are advised to restrict their movements.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of this please do not hesitate to contact us on 01 2801684.